Italian Turkey Meatballs
An easy (and cheesy) way to satisfy your Italian food cravings in the healthiest way. These juicy meatballs are packed with protein and make a perfect weeknight comfort meal.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey organic
- 1/3 cup raw Gruyere cheese grated
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 whole egg pasture-raised
- 2 tbsp plant-based yogurt plain flavored, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, egg, cheese, parsley, yogurt, and dried seasonings.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the meatball mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet. Gently even out and round to form meatball shape.
- Continue forming meatballs with the remaining mixture, leaving about an inch of space between meatballs.
- Bake meatballs in oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and simmer in your favorite marinara sauce to finish.
- Serve over a green salad or on top of a grain-free pasta!
I like to use So Delicious unsweetened, unflavored coconut yogurt for this recipe. It doesn't give off a coconut flavor and adds the perfect amount of moisture to keep the meatballs juice. Choose a raw, unpasteurized cheese to reap the full nutritional benefits when eating dairy. Raw products are activated with gut-boosting bacteria that are easier to digest as opposed to processed, gut-irritating pasteurized dairy. Simply ask your local cheese monger to help you find a raw cheese option, and you'll be surprised how much there is to choose from!