Satisfy the ice cream craving, work on that bikini bod, and load up on veg with THIS. My Smoothie Glory Bowl is about to become your new BFF.
This isn’t like every other Instagram smoothie or açaí bowl (usually lacking in fiber, protein, and healthy fats).
This is one of the easiest ways to create a quick and completely balanced meal that tastes fresh, creamy, and decadently rich – like ice cream, but a thousand times healthier.
Not to mention, it’s jam packed with lean muscle building protein and collagen to get you strong, stay on track with your fitness goals, and keep you satisfied for hours – unlike the usual energy crash we get after eating traditional dairy ice cream.
Raise your hand if you’re ready for some dessert for breakfast (or lunch or dinner or dessert!)
Smoothie Glory Bowl
- High-Speed Blender
- 1 egg organic, pasture-raised
- 1/4 cup nut milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup plant-based yogurt unsweetened, soy-free
- 1/4 cup berries frozen
- 1/2 banana ripe
- 1 fist fresh spinach or kale leaves
- 1 fist medium carrot chopped
- 20 g vanilla protein powder
- 10 g collagen powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder heaping
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sprouted flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp hemp seed hearts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch pink salt to taste
- In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients in order listed. Liquids first, powders last.
- Allow mixture to blend until evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Texture should be thick, creamy, and scoopable with a spoon.
- Pour smoothie mixture into a deep bowl and adorn with your favorite toppings. My favorite are cacao nibs, crunchy unsweetened nut butter, and homemade granola.
After countless experiments, this recipe is by far the very best I’ve come up with! Once you get comfortable with the technique, get creative and try swapping out different fruits and toppings!
What I love about this recipe is that, more than anything, it serves as a template for you to build out your own smoothies as meals however you like!
A few notes on intentional ingredients:
– To keep this smoothie as nutrient-dense and balanced as possible, make sure you select all unsweetened and minimally processed milks, yogurts, and toppings. You really want to let the natural sweetness and flavor of the fresh fruits to shine!
– If the raw egg freaked you out at all – have no fear, friend! When you purchase the highest quality, organic, and pasture-raised eggs, it is completely safe to consume raw. When you blend up your smoothie mixture, you don’t taste it but it adds a wonderful whipped texture, healthy fats, and more protein goodness!
– Looking for a healthy granola? I’ve got you covered! In my E-cookbook HERE, I’ve included my famous sprouted nut-based granola recipe bursting with activated nourishment in every crunchy bite.